Loving My Wife as Christ Loved the Church
A Personal Journal Page for Husbands — Ephesians 5:25
Key Scripture
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;” — Ephesians 5:25 KJV
Today’s Meditation
God calls me to love my wife according to the example of Jesus Christ. Christ’s love is faithful, patient, forgiving, and sacrificial. He did not merely speak about His love for the Church—He demonstrated it by giving Himself for her.
As a husband, I must examine whether my words, decisions, and actions make my wife feel loved, valued, heard, and honored. Christlike leadership is not selfish or controlling. It serves with humility, protects what God has entrusted, and seeks the spiritual and emotional well-being of the wife.
Personal Reflection
How have I demonstrated love toward my wife recently?
Do I listen to her concerns with patience and respect?
Have my words brought her comfort or discouragement?
Is there any pride, selfishness, or anger that I need to surrender?
Do I pray for my wife and encourage her relationship with God?
Is there anything for which I need to apologize?
What burden can I help carry today?
My Honest Response
One quality I appreciate about my wife is:
One area in which I need to become more loving is:
Something I need to discuss with patience and humility is:
One sacrifice I can make for my wife this week is:
Today’s Act of Love
Today, I will demonstrate Christlike love by:
Personal Application
I will not measure my love only by what I feel or say. I will demonstrate it through faithfulness, gentleness, service, honest communication, and prayer. I will ask the Holy Spirit to help me lay aside selfishness and love my wife in a way that reflects Jesus Christ.
Prayer
Father, thank You for the wife You have entrusted to me. Teach me to love her as Christ loved the Church. Remove pride, selfishness, impatience, and harshness from my heart. Help me listen with understanding, speak with grace, serve with humility, and remain faithful in every season. May my words and actions make my wife feel honored, secure, and deeply loved. Let our marriage glorify You and reflect the love of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Today’s Declaration
With God’s help, I will love my wife faithfully, serve her humbly, honor her openly, and protect the covenant we share.
Comments
Post a Comment