Exodus Chapter 6:6-9 | God's Promises | Exodus Bible Study


Exodus 6:6 Wherefore say to the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and (1)I will bring you out from
under the burdens of the Egyptians, and (2)I will rid you out of their bondage, and (3)I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Exodus 6:7 And (4)I will take you to me for a people, and (5)I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

Exodus 6:8 And (6)I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and (7)I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Exodus 6:9 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not to Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

Observation Questions — Exodus 6:6–9

  1. Who is speaking to Moses in this passage?

  2. What does God tell Moses to say to the children of Israel?

  3. How many times do you notice God saying “I will” in verses 6–8?

  4. What does God promise to bring Israel out of?

  5. What does God promise to deliver Israel from?

  6. According to verse 6, how does God say He will redeem His people?

  7. What does the phrase “with a stretched out arm” reveal about God’s power?

  8. What relationship does God promise to establish with Israel in verse 7?

  9. What does God say Israel will know after He delivers them?

  10. What land does God promise to give Israel in verse 8?

  11. What earlier covenant promise is being remembered when Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are mentioned?

  12. According to verse 9, did Israel listen to Moses?

  13. What two reasons does verse 9 give for Israel’s inability to receive Moses’ words?

  14. What contrast do you see between God’s promises in verses 6–8 and Israel’s condition in verse 9?

  15. What repeated words or phrases stand out most to you in this passage?

Reflection Question

What does Exodus 6:6–9 teach you about God’s faithfulness when His people are too discouraged to see how His promise will be fulfilled?


Comments

Visitors